John & Maida Bennett
Bella Vista, AR
Escape Junction Railroad was started in the spring of 2000 and consists of approximately 300 feet of track laid in 2 loops and trolley sited on a terrace 65 feet by 30 feet.
The largest loop sets the theme of the railroad—the lumber industry of the early 1900’s. This loop passes through a village and maintenance area before reaching a buffalo ranch, crossing a small river, passing through a tunnel, and finishing at a saw mill and lumber yard on the outskirts of the village again.
The following year the smaller loop was added—a tourist train which circles a DRAGON preserve complete with castle, knight, sorcerer, a dozen resident dragons and a pterodactyl. In 2008 a cable car was added for better tourist access. The New Orleans streetcar (2008) runs the length of the layout making several stops—lumber baron’s mansion, riverfront, and railroad museum displaying special and unusual cars.
Escape Junction Railroad runs only LGB trains. The main loop usually runs a Mogul pulling a Pennsy passenger train or a Forney pulling a logging train. Most buildings are Pola kits, but the hotel is scratch built.